Thursday 9 May 2013

Book Review : Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

Review: Honestly, I don't even know where to start with this book. After finishing it about a week ago I still feel speechless when I think of everything that happened in book three.

I've always liked Katy but for some reason I found her annoying at times. She's just always putting herself in situations she doesn't need to be in and just makes things worse. I understand that she wants to help, be a part of things but sometimes it's better to leave things to the real aliens.

Daemon is as perfect as usual. Beside his usual cocky comebacks we also get to see a more sweet side of him. And I loved it. Daemon is always in control and I love that he's willing to do anything for the people he cares about.

I think there's something terribly wrong with me but...I don't hate Blake. In fact, I can't help but have a soft spot for him. I hate what he did at the end of book two but I can't help liking him anyway. And the worse part is he doesn't even redeem himself in this book AT ALL and I hate what he did.  And yet, I still like him. Yeah, I know. I'm freaking crazy.

The ending? Oh my god! Major cliffhanger. The kind where you don't even know what to do with yourself because the next book doesn't come out for MONTHS and you need to know what happened NOW. I hate cliffhangers but I'll admit this was has definitely left me eager to read more. Fans of this series will definitely be happy with this edition of the series!

Source :

http://lovetoreadagoodbook.blogspot.in/2013/05/review-opal-lux-3-by-jennifer-l.html

No comments:

Post a Comment